TiC Playlist (Layer C - Ideation and Development Series)
Activity title: The T.i.C. Playlist
Author: Harriett Jernigan
Course: PWR 1
Activity length and schedule: This activity works best when beginning the (T.i.C.) assignment, before or immediately after the topic proposal, and typically takes three days (from date of assignment to due date).
- Initiate the search for sources for the T.i.C.
- Frame research as an enjoyable endeavor
- Prompt artistic innovation
- Prompt serendipitous discovery
Activity details: See detailed activity description (Canvas log-in required)
- This activity works best if music already plays an integral role in the classroom environment, either through community building, rhetorical analysis, or course theme.
- Instructors can ask students to provide a reflection on which songs they chose for which source and why. But, since this is a “low-stakes” activity at the beginning of the T.i.C. process, I let students simply create the playlist and let it stand alone.